Due to its excellent characteristics, aluminum foil is widely used in food, beverages, cigarettes, medicines, photographic substrates, household daily necessities, etc., and is usually used as packaging material; electrolytic capacitor material; heat insulation material for buildings, vehicles, ships, houses, etc.; and can serve as decorative gold and silver threads, wallpapers, various stationery printed matter and decorative trademarks for light industrial products, etc. Among the above-mentioned various uses, the one that can effectively exert the performance of aluminum foil is as a packaging material.
Since the packaged items are fully isolated from outside light, humidity, air, etc., the packaged items are well protected. Especially for the packaging of retort food, using this kind of aluminum foil wrapping paper can at least ensure that the food does not deteriorate for more than one year. Moreover, heating and unpacking are very convenient, which is very popular among consumers. Generally, the thickness of aluminum foil wrapping paper is between 0.03mm-0.1mm.
Aluminum foil has a clean, hygienic and shiny appearance. It can be integrated with many other packaging materials into an integrated packaging material, and the surface printing effect of aluminum foil is better than other materials. In addition, aluminum foil has the following characteristics:
(1) The surface of aluminum foil wrapping paper is extremely clean and hygienic, and no bacteria or microorganisms can grow on its surface.
(2) Aluminum foil is a non-toxic packaging material, which can be in direct contact with food without any hazard to human health.
(3) Aluminum foil is a odorless packaging material, which will not cause any peculiar smell to the packaged food.
(4) If the aluminum foil wrapping paper itself is not volatile, itself and the packaged food will never dry or shrink.
(5) No matter in high temperature or low temperature, there will be no grease penetration in aluminum foil wrapping paper.
(6) Aluminum foil is an opaque packaging material, so it is a good packaging material for products exposed to sunlight, such as margarine.
(7) Aluminum foil has good plasticity, so it can be used to package products of various shapes. Moreover, various shapes of containers can also be created.
(8) Aluminum foil has high hardness and high tensile strength, but its tear strength is small, so it is easy to tear.
(9) The aluminum foil itself cannot be heat-sealed, it must be coated with a heatable material.
(10) When aluminum foil comes in contact with other heavy metals, there may be adverse reactions.